Vyšší Brod monastery
The monastery was founded by Wok von Rosenberg in 1259. He called the Cistercians from Wilhering in Austria to there. On a wish of the founder the monastery became the monastery of the family. Together ten generations of the family were buried there.
Monastery´s area is located on a rise above the west bank of the Vltava river was preserved. The last reconstruction and rebuilding were made in 1830 - 1862, then at the time of abbot Leopold Wackarž who essentially reconstructed the church in the Neo-Gothic style and added the thin tower to it. Other constructional change is dated 1904. Because the monastery is situated on a quite isolated place it was secured against the wars and so it remained basically untouched.