REGION / tips for trips

  • The lime tree in the community of Běleň

    A lime tree in the community of Běleň not far away from Malšín has a very interesting fate. The lime tree is said to be the oldest lime tree in the South Bohemia. It was planted around the year 1200. In 1951 the ...

  • Bobsleigh track Lipno nad Vltavou

  • Budweiser Budvar N.C.

    Budweiser Budvar brewery is one of the most successful food-production enterprises for many years in the Czech Republic. Almost half of the production is successfully exported into more than 50 countries in the world.

  • Rock Formations Čertova stěna and Luč

    The Protected Area lies on both sides of the Vltava River, on the steep rocky slopes of the river canyon valley.The steep rock full of large stones which is also called the stony see was created by the devil according ...

  • Dívčí Kámen Castle

    Dívčí Kámen castle is one of the castles in Bohemia of which the foundation charter was preserved. Today Dívčí Kámen castle with its 210 metres of length and 45 metres of width is one of the largest castle ...

  • Parish church of St. Bartoloměj in Vyšší Brod

    Dean church of St. Bortholemew - originally early Gothic, founded in 1259, modified in the 16th century, reconstructed in the 17th century.

  • St. Filip and Jakub parish church in Přední Výtoň

    Originally it has been since 1385 a church of hermits from the Pavlans order, founded by Jan and Petr of Rožmberk.

  • Parish church of St. Jiljí - Dolní Dvořiště

    Parish church of St. Jiljí - originally founded in 1279, today's building from around 1400. The main period of the building took place in the second half of the 15th century (finished in 1507). One of the best ...

  • St. Michael's parochial church in Horní Dvořiště

    St. Michael archangel church in Horní Dvořiště is first mentioned in year 1252. It had been founded by Vok of Rožmberk and it has been presented as a parochial church till 1384.

  • Vicarage church of St. Peter and Paul - Kaplice

    Vicarage church of St. Peter and Paul - first mention in 1257. After a blaze in 1507 rebuilt in late Gothic style. The church is furnished in pseudogothic.

  • Castle and Monastery of Kuklov

    Originally royal castle from 14th century which was damaged by Jindřich of Rosenberg in 1395. In 1495 Peter IV. of Rosenberg invited there friary of St. Frank of Pauly to establish there paulanic monastery. Monastery ...

  • Velešín Castle

    Only the ruins of the castle's fortification, fragments of the semicylindrical bastion and vigorous cylindrical tower situated on a narrow rocky spit above the Malše river were preserved to the present day.

  • Bujanov - hrádek Louzek - Dolní Dvořiště - Rybník, 17 km

    From Bujanov follow the yellow line through the village Zdíky to Castle Louzek - then take the blue line via Všeměřice to Rychnov nad Malší - the red line to Dolní Dvořiště - on road to Rybník

  • Blanský Forest Nature Reserve

    The Blanský Forest Nature Reserve was declared in 1990. It has an area of 212,35 km2. There are 15 natural preserves (Vyšenské kopce, Kleť, Dívčí Kámen, Kalamandra, Bořinka, Holubovské hadce, Jaronínská ...

  • The chapel and the Way of the Cross Studenec

    The locality of Studenec near Rožmberk nad Vltavou is called after a well with miraculous water. There was a supported document issued in 1679 proving that it is allowed to celebrate masses in the newly built chapel. ...

  • St. Voršila's chapel in Křemže

    The first stone for chapel was laid down on 19. June 1550. Its founder Jan Častolar dedicated it to St. Voršila, patroness of his daughter.

  • Vyšší Brod monastery

    The monastery was founded by Wok von Rosenberg in 1259. He called the Cistercians from Wilhering in Austria to there. On a wish of the founder the monastery became the monastery of the family. Together ten generations ...

  • Zlatá Koruna Monastery

    The former abbey in Zlatá Koruna is the best preserved Cistercian monastery in Bohemia. The area of the monastery was in 1995 announced as the national cultural treasure.

  • Kleť

    Now that you have seen all the sights in town, it is time for a trip through the unspoiled nature to the Kleť mountain, the highest peak of the Blanský les natural reserve.

  • Horse-drawn Railway

    The main reason for the building of the railway from Linz to České Budějovice was the transport of salt from Salzburg to Bohemia.

  • Church of the Archangel Michael - Křemže

    Church of the Archangel Michael - the oldest original part is a Romanic sacristy, where the original vaults were replaced by a new one, and a Gothic presbytary was added in the 14th century. On the site of the destroyed ...

  • Church of the birth of the Virgin Mary - Cetviny

    Cetviny - gothic church of the birth of the Virgin Mary, first mentioned in 1384.

  • Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary - Černá v Pošumaví

    Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary erected 1799-1800 on the site of a former wooden chapel; 1901-1904 modified in new romanesque, tower added.

  • The Church of the Holy Christ´s Heart in the community of Malšín

    Originally known as the Church of St. Markéta. In 1339 it was mentioned as the branch of the Rožmberk Parish Church. Nikolaus of Malšín was a rector. The sacristy of our days used to be a chapel consisting of two ...

  • Church of St. Jiří - Blansko

    First mention about the church of St. Jiří is from 1359, in 1735 Gothic church was rebuilt and modified in Baroque style. In 1857 was built large vicarage next to the church. School was finished in 1858.

  • Church of St. Martin in Polná na Šumavě

    Church of St. Martin in Polná na Šumavě - original structure from the end of the 13th century. The presbytary, nave, and tower come from this time. The northern side chapel, used as a sacristy, came about during ...

  • Church of St. Mary Magdalena - Černice

    Early Gothic church of St. Mary Magdalena was gothically rebuilt in 1483-1491 and the church tower was modified in 1818.

  • Church of the Holy Mary Magdalena

    Church of the Holy Mary Magdalena in late gothic style, built from 1487-1507 on the site of an older church. Significant example of Rosenberg late Gothic.

  • The Church of St. Jan Baptist in Zátoň

    The Vltava Basin situated on the mild knoll is dominated by the late Gothic church. It is probably one of the oldest sacred buildings in South Bohemia.

  • Church of St. Mikuláš- Rožmberk nad Vltavou

    First mention is from 1271. Late Gothic structure from late 1400's on older foundations.

  • Church of St. Vavřinec - Přídolí

    Church of St. Vavřinec - Gothic building from the 14th century. Later reconstructed, then regothicized in 1870.

  • Stations of the Cross in Frymburk

    The first and decisive impulse to build the Stations of the Cross in Frymburk parish gave landowner from Lipno Adalbert Donauer, who at the beginning of ninetieths of 19th century paid six hundred of golds „for ...

  • Cable railway Krasetín - Kleť

    Cable railway was brought to operating on July 1 1961. Construction lasted two years and part on it took Transporta Chrudim, Elektrozávody Praha and Vodní stavby Tábor.

  • Muckovské vápencové lomy

    Isolated forest with a small pit, quarry 0.5 km west of the village Muckov, 2.5 km east of the Black community in the drab Černá v Pošumaví hill, which is a few meters a powerful cartridge granulated limestone and ...

  • Museum of Horse-drawn Railway in Bujanov

    This small museum was founded thanks to the Village Authority in Bujanov, in cooperation with the Society for the Maintenace of the Horse-drawn Railway, and the South Bohemian Museum in České Budějovice.

  • Museum of passion plays and Museum of Radios

    Exposition is installed in two ground floor rooms. The first room introduces history of village Hořice na Šumavě and surrounding municipalities.

  • Museum of Radios

    The Museum of Radios has been open since 4 July 2001. It is located in the center of the village in the old school building, housing also the Museum of the Village and Passion-play.

  • Museum of Schwarzenberk's channel in Chvalšiny

    Unique technical monument, as Schvarzenberk's channel surely deserves its own museum.

  • Kleť Observatory

    Kleť Observatory is intended for specialist astronomical research which entails observation conditions of the highest quality. It is built on the highest point in Bohemia and is famous for its exploration of asteroids, ...

  • Olšina v Novolhotském lese

    The protected area is formed under wet woods and wet meadows in the forest complex. The reason protection is an extensive set of natural spruce and alder on springs along small watercourses and peat meadow communities ...

  • Adalbert Stifter´s Monument in Horní Planá

    Adalbert Stifter´s Monument is situated in the writer's natal house. The building can be characterized as a small-town ground floor cottage with the farming estate. In archival documentation it was mentioned for ...

  • Memorial to the victims of the Nazi

    Omlenice - memorial to the victims of the Nazi death trains.

  • Gems of South Bohemia

    Day trip to Zlata Koruna Abbey, Holasovice village and Hluboka Castle.

  • Mt. Plechý and Lake Plešné

    Lake Plešné is one of five glacial lakes on Czech side of Šumava. It has elliptical shape with length 540 m and width 150 m, area is 7,48 hectares and maximal depth 18,3 m. About 200 meters from the lake dike is ...

  • Postal museum Vyšší Brod

    In ex-abbay is located history of the post since the 16th Century till today.

  • Pilgrimage church of the Virgin Mary - Kájov

    Pilgrimage church of the Virgin Mary - the original church structure is from the late 13th century. The church was destroyed during the Hussite wars in 1422 and 1469, when the militia destroyed a school as well. ...

  • Svatý Kámen Pilgrimage Church

    Svatý Kámen Pilgrimage Church - church of the White Virgin Mary resting on a stone - originally a baroque monastery with church and chapel from 1653.

  • Lookout tower on Kleť

    If you're watching all the sights in the city, go on a trip to the top of swearing.

  • Schwarzenberg Navigational Canal

    The thought of connecting the Vltava river with the Dunaj river, the flow of two rivers which lead into different seas, came about in the middle of the 14th century, during the reign of emperor Karel IV. The ...

  • St. Jan Nepomucký´s Statue - Benešov nad Černou

    St. Jan Nepomucký´s Statue created in 1726 is located on a three-sided column with reliefs of St. Dominik, St. Leonard, and St. Václav, and statues of St. Donát, St. Florián, and St. Roch.

  • Saint Jan Nepomucký´s Sculpture - Rožmitál na Šumavě

    Baroque sculpture with the heads of angels, images of Christ and Saint Florian´s, Saint Sebastian and Saint Jan Nepomucký´s Sculpture. It is situated on the common. It was built in the second half of 18th century ...

  • Rožmberk nad Vltavou Castle

    One of the oldest castles in South Bohemia was built by the Family of Vítek around the mid 13th century. The medieval disposition of the castle consisted of the Lower and Upper Castle.

  • State chateau  Hluboká

    Hluboká and Vltavou Chateau are unquestionably one of the true pearls of the Czech Republic. It is situated on a hill above the Vltava river about 10 km north of České Budějovice.

  • Lipno Treetop Walkway

    Offering an incredible view of the Šumava Mountains, educative and interactive stops, great adrenalin sports entertainment for children and the longest dry toboggan in the Czech Republic, all this and much more can be ...

  • Ševcova hora

    The protected area consists of mixed forest on steep southwest slope of Mount shoemaker.

  • Fortified Settlement of Benešov nad Černou

    Benešov nad Černou was founded in the second half of 13th century by Beneš of Michalovice as a settlement nearby the stronghold.

  • Fortified Settlement of Chlum

    The fortified settlement of Chlum founded in the 13th century was reconstructed several times during its existence. Those reconstruction led to the fact that the settlement was changed into the farm yard in the 17th ...

  • Chlumeček Fortress

    Today the fortress no longer exists. It was situated on the place of today's residential building from 18th century and its adjacent yard. The cellars underneath the residential building are the only remains of that ...

  • Kladenské Rovné Fortress

    A building resembling a grange was built on the place of the former fortress.

  • Pasovary Fortress

    The two-floor prismatic tower in the middle of the decaying yard was preserved until today from the original village and the medieval fortress.

  • Slavkov Fortress

    Slavkov Fortress is one of a few buildings where the original connections of individual elements of a manor were preserved.

  • Fortified Settlement of Štěkře

    The buildings of the fortified settlement are a remarkably valuable example of the Renaissance style of the 16th and the 17th centuries.

  • Fortified Settlement of Tichá

    Only the torso of the sizeable residential tower was preserved. The tower had a square plan and the length of the sides was 9 metres.

  • Hydro plant Lipno

    Aquatic work consists since 1960 of two dams, artificial water reservoirs and two hydro plants called Lipno I and Lipno II. This work was built mostly for water and energy purposes. Aim of construction was utilization ...

  • Vysoký kámen

    The protected area consists of mixed forest on the eastern slope debris high stone (865 m), 1.2 km southwest of the village Klení.

  • Little Castle of Omlenička

    The little three-wing Baroque castle with the central projection of a wall and four bays on the corbels in the front east side. The Baroque church of Saint Jan Nepomucký is joined to the south wing of the little castle.

  • Červený Dvůr Castle

    Červený Dvůr Castle - Rococo chateau, surrounded by English gardens - presently the Chateau houses a psychiatric rehabilitative center

  • Jewish cemeterys in Rožmberk nad Vltavou

    Southeast house number 102 located the remains of "old" cemetery. From the data indicate that the cemetery was established before the year 1480 Were buried here, and all the Jews in Linz until 1863 until the ...

  • Žofín Primaeval Forest

    The Preotected area of Žofín Primaeval Forest ranks among the highest possible protection category - National Park. It is situated in the middle part of the Novohradské Mountains.

  • Church of St. Kateřina - originally early gothic, founded in 13th century, completely rebuilt at the turn of the 15th to 16th century.

  • Church of St. Markéta - first mention in 1374. Originally Gothic structure from the late 13th century, reconstructed in 1694 - 1696 and in 1708.

  • Church of St. Bartholemew founded before 1277, reconstructed in late gothic style around 1530, and again from 1649-52 and in 1735. The tower was raised or newly built in neogothic style in 1870.

  • Church of St. Bartholemew - originally the gothic chapel of St. Kateřina founded in the early 14th century.

  • Church of St. Jakub Větší - originally from the mid 13th century, damaged in 1423, expanded in 1663, completely romanized from 1872 to 1874.

  • Originally a Gothic church is the first-cited in 1339 Probably it is haunted, as one of the bells The year 1313th.

  • At the settlement of Kaplice-nádraží is a monument to the victims of the Second World War - on the site is a mass grave of 44 prisoners of the „Train of Death" of January 1945.

  • Artificial lake Olšina was probably founded in the beginning of 15th century and the first written mention is from 1458.